Engine Repair Services In Columbus & Grove City
Milex Complete Auto Care – Mr. Transmission of Columbus is staffed by dedicated professionals with years of experience repairing engines in all types of vehicles. Keeping your vehicle’s engine in good shape is key to prolonging the life and performance of your vehicle overall. A malfunctioning engine not only makes your vehicle difficult or impossible to drive, it can also lead to costly repairs, including a complete engine replacement. When you follow a regular maintenance schedule, your engine will last for miles and miles! The team at Milex Complete Auto Care – Mr. Transmission of Columbus will help you keep your engine running smoothly at a price you can afford
We Keep Your Engine Road Ready
At Milex Complete Auto Care – Mr. Transmission of Columbus, we don’t fix things that don’t need to be fixed. Our team is dedicated to providing the services you need and providing effective, economical solutions. Whether you need repairs, maintenance, or replacement, our engine services will keep your vehicle road ready.
Signs Your Engine Needs to Be Serviced
Your vehicle’s engine will tell you when it needs attention. If you notice any of the following signs, it’s important to bring your car to your Columbus Milex team as soon as possible to prevent further damage and costly repairs.
- Check Engine Light: If your vehicle's check engine light is illuminated, it means the engine management system has detected a problem. This could range from minor issues to more serious problems that require immediate attention.
- Unusual Noises: Strange noises coming from the engine, such as knocking, ticking, rattling, or grinding, could indicate issues with various engine components. This could impact valves, pistons, bearings, or belts.
- Poor Performance: If your vehicle is experiencing a noticeable decrease in power, acceleration, or fuel efficiency, it might be the engine. This could include issues with fuel delivery, ignition, or compression.
- Excessive Exhaust Smoke: Unusual amounts of smoke from the exhaust can indicate problems with the combustion process. Blue smoke might suggest oil burning, white smoke could indicate coolant entering the combustion chamber, and black smoke might point to fuel-related issues.
- Engine Overheating: If your engine temperature gauge consistently shows high temperatures or your vehicle frequently overheats, there could be cooling system problems.
- Fluid Leaks: Puddles or spots of fluid under your vehicle – especially if they're oil, coolant, or transmission fluid – can indicate leaks that need attention.
- Rough Idling: If your engine idles erratically, with noticeable vibrations or fluctuations in RPM, it could be a sign of issues with the fuel system, ignition system, or even the engine's mechanical components.
- Decreased Gas Mileage: Sudden drops in fuel efficiency could be due to problems like clogged fuel injectors, a faulty oxygen sensor, or issues with the ignition system.
- Vibrations: Excessive vibrations, especially if they're accompanied by unusual noises, can signal problems with engine mounts, drivetrain components, or other mechanical parts.
- Loss of Power: If you experience a sudden loss of power while driving, it might be due to engine-related issues like fuel delivery problems, ignition system malfunctions, or clogged air filters.
- Warning Lights: In addition to the check engine light, other warning lights on your dashboard — such as low oil pressure or high engine temperature — should not be ignored.
- Hard Starting: If your vehicle struggles to start or takes longer to start than usual, it could indicate issues with the fuel system, ignition system, or battery.
If you notice any of these signs, call our certified mechanics to inspect your vehicle and provide a proper diagnosis and necessary repairs.
Call Our Local Repair Pros!
As long as they’re properly maintained, today’s automobiles are built to last their owners at least 200,000 miles. Proper maintenance goes beyond just regular oil changes to include maintaining all of your fluids, replacing worn-out parts, and engine maintenance. The best way to preserve your engine is to get the vehicle fully inspected for items, such as worn out spark plugs, needed adjustments in your timing belt, or a low battery. If you’d like to get your engine on a preventative maintenance schedule, we recommend bringing your vehicle to Milex Complete Auto Care – Mr. Transmission of Columbus for our expert tune-up services!
Schedule an Appointment Now
Being attentive to your engine maintenance is one of the easiest ways to keep your vehicle road-ready condition. No matter what type of vehicle you have, our honest and experienced automotive engine technicians are ready to help. For the best engine repair services in Columbus, choose Milex Complete Auto Care – Mr. Transmission of Columbus.
Schedule your appointment today.