As your vehicle gets older, it is normal for your transmission system to take on wear and tear. With each mile, the transmission fluid becomes thinner and contaminated, and it can cause unnecessary damage to the transmission. Other factors like extreme temperatures, towing, or stop and go traffic can all cause wear on your transmission system. With regular transmission maintenance, you can keep your vehicle operating well and prevent expensive repairs. At Milex Complete Auto Care - Mr. Transmission, we offer both fluid and filter exchange services as well as fluid and filter flush services. With our expert transmission maintenance, your vehicle will have better shifting, better performance, and a longer life span. We are proud to help vehicle owners from Columbus, Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, Worthington, and the surrounding areas keep their transmission systems in top shape.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
If your vehicle is experiencing any of these symptomes, don't hesitate to give our certified local transmission technicians a call today to take a look!
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
At Mr. Transmission of Columbus, we want our customers to be well informed on how to protect their vehicles. A transmission system can be one of the costliest things to repair. Here are a few helpful points to save you money in the long run:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.